In Nepal, guests are taken as an incarnation of god. Hence, they treat tourists with great virtue and respect. So, they will try to help you in any circumstances. While you visit Nepal, there are still a number of safety guidelines that you will need to follow. Those safety guidelines are very much important to be followed, as there are stil a number of factors that you need to be away from.
Before coming here in Nepal, it’s better if you have already found a reliable trekking site for travelling. And while booking a trek, always book in a registered trekking company. Travel insurance policy that covers the medical treatment is very essential.
First of all you should not travel alone and if you need to, then have the contact numbers of those whom you know. It is recommended that you have the contact number of the trekking company. For your own safety, we advise you that you do not wear expensive jewelries when it is not necessary. You also should not take out your expensive valuables when it is not necessary and we advise you that you leave it in the hotel if you are returning to the same hotel again.
Before going anywhere, it is recommended that you consult with the guide and make sure that you know the surrounding around you. Before going anywhere, make sure that you have the required documents and we also advise you to have a photocopy and a scanned digital piece of the document.
And it is also very necessary that you always remember to have passport and other documents that are required for you. If you follow all these things, then you will not get in any trouble and you will always be safe.
For your own safety, it is recommended that you look out for the weather. A bad weather might put hindrances in your good health. In Nepal, while crossing roads, please watch out as there are limited number of the zebra crossings and the roads are very congested too. However, the beauty of Nepal is not degraded by these factors. It is also recommended that you keep an eye on the local press to find out about impending strikes, demonstrations and curfews. In times of demonstration, you must be very much cautious.
Read and understand the terms and conditions of trekking/travel agency before signing it.
- Scan all your major documents and keep the photocopies of them. Keep all important documents in a safe place.
- As a mark of respect Nepalese people usually take their shoes off before entering someone’s house or place of worship.
- Women wearing skimpy outfits are frowned upon especially in the rural parts of the country .
- Keep your valuable goods in safe place, don’t keep all money in the same place.
- Drug-abuse, trafficking and sexual relation with children are strictly prohibited.
- Avoid incidents such as fights, riots or civil disturbances at all times.
Things to remember
Travel insurance policy that covers medical treatment is necessary for all travelers. Please ensure you have your policy number and emergency telephone number of your insurance company. If your tour involves certain adventurous activities (i.e. Rafting, paragliding) you will need to make sure your policy specifically covers these activities.
- Carry with you at all times the contact details you have
- For up-to-date information on ‘safe’ and ‘unsafe’ areas of the city, consult with your hotel manager or local tourist information officer.
Ask for permission before you take photographs of objects or persons.